This operation is applied in situations not requiring total abdominoplasty in women and men. Mini abdominoplasty is done from a small incision above groin area. Loosing and sagging skin is removed, liposuction is applied on muscles above belly button and on waist area and reformation on all abdomen is made. Belly button is not touched, incision is made with soluble sutures.
Whom mini abdominoplasty is applied to?
It is applied on sagging and deformations bellow the belly button.
- First examination should be done carefully by your doctor.
- Your skin tone and looseness should be examined.
- The condition of the muscles in the abdomen and the abdominal wall, also the amount of fat should be evaluated.
- You should give accurate information about your patient story to your doctor.
- If you plan to lose weight during pregnancy or in future you have to inform your plastic surgeon about it.
- Your anamnesis about drug allergies, medications used, the previous operation story should be determined.
The operation lasts 1-2 hours.
Side effects and risks:
Temporary numbness, cyanosis, pain and swelling can occur on abdominal region. Infections, poor healing of the incision and bleeding are some of the temporary risk factors.
Using of corset will be required during 2-3 weeks (shorter period according to total abdominoplasty). Patients can come back to work in 1-3 weeks. More active activities are recommended after 1 month.
Procedure and anesthesia
The operation is performed under local anesthesia with sedation in hospital.
Balanced diet and exercises will provide long lasting result.