Liposuction is a procedure of disposing of diet-resistant fat stores from your body with the help of thin cannula even after weight loss. Liposuction can also be applied to many areas and can be combined with other cosmetic operations. The operations proceed as injecting of special liquids subcutaneously and after 20-25 minutes fat cells are extracted from subcutaneous area with cannulas long 2-3 mm and special instrument with vacuum pressure.
The incisions are 2-3 mm long. No scars remain because the incisions are made on skin folds and body lines.
Which areas can Liposuction be applied to?
- Liposuction is applied
- To extract the fat deposits spoiling the normal proportions on different areas of the men and women bodies.
- In shaping of cheeks, neck and double chin.
- On upper parts of the arms
- In shaping of hips, thighs, calves and ankles.
- In shaping of abdomen and waist area.
- In the treatment of breast enlargement in men.
- First examination should be done carefully by your doctor.
- Your skin tone and looseness should be examined.
- You should give accurate information about your patient story to your doctor.
- If you plan to lose weight during pregnancy or in future you have to inform your plastic surgeon about it.
- Your anamnesis about drug allergies, medications used, the previous operation story should be determined.
The operation lasts 2-3 hours.
Side effects and risks:
Temporary numbness, cyanosis, pain and swelling can occur.
Patients can turn back to work after 1-2 days. More active activities are recommended after 2 weeks. Usage of corset will be required during 15-20 days.
Procedure and anesthesia
The operation is performed under local anesthesia with sedation in hospital.
Balanced diet and exercises will provide long lasting result.