Hip Aesthetics is a kind of operation that shapes hips by enlarging with prosthesis or persons own fat tissue. Prosthesises contain cohesive fibers and after operation no significant scarring remains. The prosthesis sizes are different and the usage of an appropriate prosthesis is decided before the operation according to the patient’s body structure and patient’s expectations. If fat injection will be done the fat tissue extracted with liposuction from waist or abdominal area is filled into a special cannula and injected into gluteal area.
Whom is Hip Aesthetic applied to?
- Sagging on hips
- Hip growth retardation
- Hip eminentia
- Muscle defects
- Excess fat in waist, back, hips and thighs.
- Hollowness on the sides
- Long and loose hips
- Uneven legs
- First examination should be done carefully by your doctor.
- Your skin tone and looseness should be examined.
- You should give accurate information about your patient story to your doctor.
- If you plan to lose weight during pregnancy or in future you have to inform your plastic surgeon about it.
- Your anamnesis about drug allergies, medications used, the previous operation story should be determined.
The operation lasts 2-3 hours.
Side effects and risks:
Temporary numbness, cyanosis, pain and swelling can occur on hip region.
Using of corset will be required during 2-3 weeks after hip aesthetics. Patients may turn back to work after 1-3 weeks. Overactivities must be avoided during 1 month.
Procedure and anesthesia
The operation is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation in hospital.
Considered that 40% of the fat in fat injections is soluble more than planned fat is injected. But loss more than expected may occur and revision may be required.